Thursday, November 10, 2011

24-hour chapbook: The second poem

I think this is neat. But that's as far as it goes. I'm going to keep it around anyway, and maybe I'll pluck some things out for a "real" poem.

Method: I threw the lyrics to the entire Damned Damned Damned album (The Damned, 1977) into charNG and made some minimal edits and rearrangements. The title is the opening line to the Damned song "Neat Neat Neat."

Be a Man. Be a Mystery Man.
 
I promise you're
       all crazy,

Got Nothings have
rain
going.

or
    One of turning she dreams
I said

   (REPEAT CHORUS)
 

Anyway, thats on
      me
a doll,be a messed
    up truck,a gobbling
sing



     Shows you'd
save
      her. Tese
 won't afford
       a crime

     I
got
her
       those--
   Me.

I
    wanna doll, be
   a
  mess you're
growing there. Fuck
  her
      day

Be a
sad
   you
growing
  in
    then
it
again,I
   said
   
(CHORUS)

Well
I've
seen
the 2

   Oh yeah

you
   know
that she's no
fool,
to
say no.
 
    Anyway, doll, be a
light 2 the--

Oh
   yeah

you're all,

      It don't get
  cold

  Don'
 know

So
messed
up

Messed up
like
a
Mess

       I hear thought
 stain

    or
one
      of turning
  sand, and run at all, it'll
burn
  you

Is
my mind

       a disgrace

    That's on.
You ain't
no fish,


     FISH.

Well,
   
       anyway
that I've
seen
  I said

 (REPEAT Can't you

guess your body
      ache

REPEAT)

       Oh
yeah that the pain

   or
one CHORUS)
   
I'd
      save
   her, gonna
       turn a bottle
      of
me
 
   Oh
yeah.
You
 run.

  I
      know.

No comments:

Post a Comment